ULI Climate Resilience Roundtable
The ULI Roundtable on Climate Resilience in The Netherlands was held to discuss how hurricane destruction in the Caribbean (and specifically Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten in 2017 and the Bahamas in 2019), reveals an urgency to rethink urban resilience and regeneration in the Caribbean. The ULI Roundtable brought together Dutch planners, designers, architects, engineers, financial institutions, developers, and investors to discuss new solutions and share global best practice. Specific issues focused on the Dutch knowledge and leadership on climate mitigation across urban design, development and investment. The two speakers included:
Mr. Adam Greenfader, Chair of the ULI SE Florida/Caribbean Council – shared experiences and outcome advice from the ULI Advisory Services Panelists in the Municipality of Toa Baja, Puerto Rico after the catastrophic and deadly 2017 Hurricane Maria.
Mr. Henk Ovink, Dutch special envoy to the United Nations on Water, and flood expert shared insights into global climate change challenges and the Dutch resilience plans for both the Netherlands and Dutch Caribbean.
Some of the works discussed:
- ULI Puerto Rico Panel: https://americas.uli.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/ULI-Documents/ULI-ASP_Report_ToaBaja_PR_Final.pdf
- The Geography of Future Water Challenges.Pdf: https://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/downloads/pbl-2018-the-geography-of-future-water-challenges-2920_2.pdf
- Web: https://themasites.pbl.nl/future-water-challenges/
- The Global Commission and Center on Adaptation:www.gca.org
- Report: https://gca.org/global-commission-on-adaptation/report
- Rebuild by Design:http://www.rebuildbydesign.org/our-work/sandy-projects
- Too Big. Rebuild by Design: A Transformative Approach to Climate Changehttps://www.nai010.com/en/too-big
- And Water as Leverage:www.waterasleverage.org
AG&T is a real estate development and consulting company founded in 1998 with headquarters in Miami, Florida. Our track record spans over 55 real estate development projects in Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico, Dominican Republic, and various other Caribbean islands.