PUBLIC/PRIVATE TRACK: FINANCING OPPORTUNITIES WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC SECTOR Moderator: Robert MacLellan, Managing Director, MacLellan & Associates Panelists: Roland “Andy” Burrows, Chief Investment Officer, Bermuda Tourism Authority Adam Greenfader, Managing Principal, AG & T Warren Newfield, Principal, Kimpton Kawana Bay John Perrottet, Senior Tourism Specialist, World Bank Group
While HOLA was about ties and dark suits CHRIS was all open shirts and Bermuda shorts.
- Supply demand, and REVPAR and ADR continue to grow for the Caribbean region.
- Insurance policy corrections will be looked at more closely than ever.
- Banks are approaching the peak, and are “cautiously optimistic” about the future.
- Dominican Republic continues to take the lead in new hotel construction according to the KPMG’s report on Caribbean.
- Puerto Rico has the third most inventory under construction with 549 new hotel keys.
- 25% of St. Martin/Marteen hotels are on line and Dutch government very proactive for new development.
- Enthusiasm is high for Qualified Opportunity Zones
Big picture takeaway is that the Hurricanes of 2017 affected not just those islands that were hit but all islands. Caribbean needs to think promote as a whole region.
No comment yet, add your voice below!